Yes, it’s Saturday or as my wife and I call it, Movingday! So, as promised here is this week’s installment of Body Designs. Enjoy!
As you all know, Jack LaLanne died of pneumonia last Sunday at the age of 96. One of my clients thought it would be a good idea for me to honor him since he pioneered this World of Fitness you and I are now living in.
The best way I can do that is for me to have him “speak” to you through some of his “LaLanneisms” and see if they can help me inspire you to keep pushing until your next fitness goal is met.
For some reason, the internet has several “results” that state there are 86 such “LaLanneisms”. After reading them all, I narrowed down what I consider to be his Daily Dozen. Meaning, if you practice these truths everyday, you’ll look, feel and be healthier than ever in no time.
1. Your waistline is your lifeline.
2. Exercise is King, nutrition is Queen, put them together and you’ve got a kingdom.
3. Don’t exceed the feed limit.
4. The food you eat today is walking and talking tomorrow.
5. Ten seconds on the lips and a lifetime on the hips.
6. Better to wear out than rust out
7. First we inspire them, then we perspire them.
8. You eat everyday, you sleep everyday, and your body was made to exercise everyday.
9. If man makes it, don’t eat it.
10. What’s it doing for me?
11. It’s not what you do some of the time that counts, it’s what you do all of the time that counts.
12. Eat right and you can’t go wrong.
Take care and next week, I’ll be coming to you from 11500 Tennessee Avenue, # 308 (a.k.a. T-Lofts)!