Attention Holiday Party Goers:
Like it or not, “The Season” is upon us; but I am happy to report that many of you have made great strides in achieving your 2010 fitness goals.
However, with this year’s Office Holiday Party, The Neighbor’s Tree Trimming Celebration and the Holy S**T, I Have To See That B***H At Dinner “thumbing” you promised yourself last year you would be ready for this year just a week or two away, I am getting bombarded with requests for some last minute quick fix slimming “trix” to help seal the deal.
So, if you want to look, feel and be leaner; cut out things that make you bloated, add things that increase elimination and disguise things that can’t be changed overnight!
Things to “cut” and “add” to your routine a week prior to The Main Event:
1. Avoid salt and carbohydrates like bread, potatoes, rice and pasta.
2. No soda! Yup, even diet. The carbonation will also leave that stomach distended.
3. Drink lots of water so the body eliminates stored liquid, thus flattening your belly. It also helps control your appetite by making you feel fuller faster. A 1/2 gallon a day will do the trick.
4. Upping your fiber intake will aid in expediting the digestive process, emptying your stomach faster. Just sprinkle a teaspoon of bran on each meal and you’ll be good to “GO”. I promise!
5. Downing three cups of Green Tea a day has also been proven to help one lose “weight” fast.
6. Include some natural diuretics to your daily diet. Foods like melons, asparagus and artichokes will also rid your body of excess water.
7. Eat five small meals a day. Don’t starve yourself! Eating often allows your body’s metabolism to burn faster and longer – keeping your mid-section flatter.
8. Oh yea! One more thing…Exercise! Do a minimum of 45 minutes of heart pumping cardio every day and you’ll shed any remaining water and fat needed to fit into those holiday clothes.
Hey guys, does any of that sound familiar? It should. I don’t write just to have myself read.
But look, if all else fails, remember some of the following. Below is a modest list (by no means exhaustive) of how you can dress to look thinner, slimmer and more fit. Now mind you, I am no fashion expert – just ask my wife who has to tell me when I can where a shirt “tucked in” and when it HAS to be out. But I do know that there are some areas that are especially hard, if not impossible, to change. With that in mind, I offer these Fit Fashion Trix:
1. Wear clothes that fit. If they’re too tight or baggy, you will look larger.
2. Single, dark, solid colors will cut away a few pounds.
3. Bold accessories will take attention away from any troubled areas.
4. Avoid pleats. Flat fronts on slacks and skirts are miracle workers.
5. Low-rise pants that end just below your bellybutton and open collar shirts, v-necks or scooped necklines make for a longer torso.
6. For longer legs, go with skirts that end right above the knee or wear heels.
7. In pants, for long legs, make sure the hem just about touches the floor.
8. Matching your socks and shoes to your trousers and belt will help you look taller too.
9. Leave off the any extra material like useless scarfs that only add bulk.
10. Darn jackets that are semi-fitted or tailored.
There you have it. Almost 20 key things you can do, outside of what you’re already doing to make everyone’s head turn when you enter or exit a room. Enjoy the attention!