Good Morning and Happy St. Patrick’s Day you Leprechauns!
Today’s installment is not meant to be racy or distasteful in any way. The fact is, that until Tracy informed me that there were benefits, let me rephrase that, health benefits of sleeping naked, I never much thought about it either way.
So if your curiosity is “peaked,” I am sure you’ll find some of these pretty interesting. Now, in no particular order here are my Top 5 Health Benefits to literally Skinny Sleeping.
1. Evidence shows that the body goes into a deeper sleep when naked which decreases cortisol (the stress hormone) levels – keeping body fat levels at bay or even aid in reducing them.
2. Naturopath, Natasha Turner, best-selling author of The Hormone Diet, reports that the release of anti-aging hormones such as melatonin and growth hormone is disrupted when the body sleeps in a state of being too warm. So, if you sleep naked, your hair and skin will looking healthier and younger.
3. The body’s internal organs are more productive when void of the pressure clothes impart on them. It is believed that skin absorbs more nutrients when bare than when clothed – even in the dark – improving the body’s metabolic rate.
4. Clothes, especially those with tight elastic bands around the waist, restrict the circulation of blood throughout the body. Therefore, sleeping unclothed helps eliminate tension and discomfort from the abdominal region – resulting in less tossing and turning – providing a more restful sleep.
5. Medical research have shown that sleeping naked is good for those suffering from insomnia as it has a comforting effect on them.
There you have it folks, short and sweet. And while there are other “benefits” to sleeping in the nude, I trust that if the topic further interests you, you can search them out for yourself as this is a G Rated Site. C’mon, my Mom is reading!
And, on this date in history…Well, today as you know is March 17 (St. Patrick’s Day), however I would like to single out another day from this weekend. Friday was March 15 (The Ides of March). It is a day I always remember ever since I was a child learning of its significance. For those of you who don’t know, in 44BC Julius Caesar was assassinated on this day.